Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Hey Biscuit, What are you doing? (6 months)


Roger (Biscuit) is 6 months old! (As of four days ago, but this post is only late because I had to get the pictures off my husband's computer and it was a slight debacle.)

Six months sure has done a lot to improve his totability. As a tiny babyling he cried non-stop on most car rides. But we made the Thanksgiving trip to MN/WI and all the way back with [almost] no crying! Hallelujah!

He's also learned to wake up from naps gracefully in the past six months. Right now I am listening to him babble in his pack-in-play over the monitor at the house where I nanny. The toddler is sleeping, baby girl is with her mama, and older boys are at school. Part of me wants to run and get Roger because I just like him, ya know? But the other part of me is glad he's having a conversation with himself so I can shoot out this little update.

Stats:
Sits up beautifully and almost seems like he's going to crawl if I turn my back.
Rolls everywhere he wants to go - often under furniture.
Pulls himself up to standing if he has something to grip.
He's tried avocado, turkey, and banana recently-- all have been a hit. I think he's going to be a great eater.
Total mama's boy-- he's started bursting into sudden tears if he realizes he can't see me and somebody else is holding him.
Social like his papa, especially when he sees other kids/babies.
Likes to pull hair, which has earned him the title "mean baby!" by a few unwary kids who wandered too close with their dangling locks.
Laughs when the boys I nanny are talking to me in the car.
Scowls at me when I brush my teeth.
Thinks he's entitled to my water glass.
"Wrestles" with daddy.

Ticklish almost everywhere!
Wears jammies all day most days.
Loves the bath and tries to drink the water.
And to my utmost pride, he knows how to play "up high, down low" and though he doesn't give the high-5 perfectly, he definitely knows he's playing along!

Doesn't know how to take a good selfie yet.

Now time just needs to slow down a little so I can keep him a baby just a little longer!



1 comment:

  1. My has he grown. :) Love the update and the pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete