Sunday, December 14, 2014

pictures // weekend
















Back in October our friends Andrew and Amanda did some family pictures for us at our friends' farm in Lennox. We  l o v e  how they turned out. The light is so warm and our little Biscuit was oh-so cooperative. I just can't believe that he's two months older than he was in these photos; he can't fit in any of these clothes anymore! Yikes!

I am now experiencing that paradoxical desire for him to stop growing. I don't really want this--I just hate that part of loving him and letting him be himself also means losing him as a baby. Kids grow whether you like it or not! I cherish the immortality of photographs so I can enjoy watching my little boy grow out of these baby times, knowing I can look at these photos and the memories can linger a little more substantially.

Getting these photos up is one of the productive milestones for my weekend. I also ordered Christmas cards, updated our health insurance coverage (saving $$$ always makes me feel productive!), finished Christmas shopping (I never have too much to buy, which makes that an easy one), did three loads of laundry, and purchased a no-contract phone plan. I feel like I've got enough productive momentum to do my taxes too, if only it were the end of next month.

And now the Holidays are really, really here, with the first of our Christmas parties beginning this week. I'm so ready to OD on Eggnog and cookies. Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year! I'll have to say more about that later. It deserves a post of its own.

Right now my baby is napping (a recent return to swaddling has made nap time a more consistent event in our house--swaddling at 6.5 months, who knew!?) and my husband is tensely watching the Packers play a close game with the Bills.

Happy Sunday to you! And to us, as long as Green Bay wins. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment