Thursday, December 11, 2014

nanny • mommy

Stats from today:

Children cared for: 2 grade-school boys, 1 toddler, 2 babies
Times all five children were buckled into the van: 2
Trips to school, there-and-back: 2
Laundry done: 2 loads
Poop-plosions: 6
Onesies soiled by poop-plosions: 1 (I'm fast to change the poop-plosions. I've been around the block. I know what kind of laundry awaits the sluggard who allows a baby to go unchanged for a minute or more post-poop-plosion.)
Times Biscuit made the toddler cry: 2
Baby giggles: too many to count
Times Baby Biscuit and Baby Bean looked at each other and "talked" together: 3
Dishes broken on the floor: 1
Times the floor was swept: 2
Cups of coffee I drank: just 2! Impressive, right?
Simultaneous nappers: 3 (all of them were children. I promise I didn't nap on the job. That's what coffee is for.)
Time elapsed while all the babes napped at the same, magnificent time: 60 min
Toys cleaned up by toddler: 3
Toys cleaned up by nanny: too many to count
Carpets/areas vacuumed: 11
Number of times toddler  said "quiet... LIBBY": 4
Airplane rides given: 5
Times I answered toddler questioning "Why?": too many to count
Times I put toddler on the potty: 3
Times toddler used the potty to actually do his business: 0


Amazing when I see it all in writing. And when it was all said and done I came home and cleaned and cooked pheasant pot pie to share with our wonderful neighbors. My days are just full enough to admit the pre-bed writing of this short post and then hit the hay. Good night.

1 comment: