Wednesday, November 26, 2014

little things to be thankful for

Thanksgiving is tomorrow, and I absolutely love this holiday. We got a fresh blanket of snow overnight and I'm already thankful for that; it means the boys will be out playing in it for part of my work day. Snow play is always mood-enhancing to young children. Wholesome. And they are still at the ages where I can make them believe shoveling the snow isn't a chore (although their version of a shoveled driveway resembles a messily-frosted cake when they're done.)

I'm thankful for the deer and pheasants my husband got this week. He spent several hours processing the venison himself- which would have cost well over $100 to do at a meat locker-and while he was packaging cuts of it last night I was busy in the kitchen turning his pheasant stew from the weekend into a pot pie. I'm telling you, if you're going to eat game meat, pot pies are a good bet. So. Y u m m y. And the best part (besides knowing our meat has no antibiotics in it) is that it cost is so little and David got to have fun at his hobby simultaneously.

I'm thankful my son has been slightly better at sleeping lately. Hence the ability to write this morning. He was on strike from naps for a few days and I took to calling him my "never-nap." If you're an AD fan, you'll appreciate that I also pretend he's wearing denim cutoffs during the strike. I also picture a little mustache. But maybe that's taking it too far. Haha.

I'm thankful for coffee. And that Gilmore Girls is on Netflix. And that David scrapes the snow off my car in the morning. And for warm sweaters and my cozy boots. And for the little songs the toddler will sing at work today. And for my job that is like hanging out with my extended family five days a week. And for the family I get to see tomorrow. And for a husband that cooks and even cleans sometimes. And probably for many more things but I'm out of time. I'll just have to ponder that today.

I hope your thanksgiving is wonderful.


No comments:

Post a Comment