Thursday, November 20, 2014

Toddler Lingo

I nanny four kids. One of them is a verbally-inclined 2-year-old. He can even pronounce my name correctly. No Wibby or Yibby, just Libby. A sampling of phrases I hear repeatedly throughout my day:

"Where ARE you, Libby?" - usually I'm a foot away but behind his back.

"DON'T! ...Libby." -I love the emphasis on "don't" and pause before my name.

"'doing, Libby?"  -he asks what I'm doing whenever I'm doing anything not directly for/with him.

"Pair-dane! Look!" -airplanes make him stop whatever he is doing.

"Monshers. Down-nare." -Yes. There are monsters down there. Go on thinking that, buddy. Then the basement is one less place you will be destroying when I'm preoccupied with the babies.

"Whore! See yat?" -he must not think very highly of squirrels.

"'memer?" -remember?

"One, twooo, fwee, five, seven, eight, nine, eleven, twelve, firteen, foteen, nighteen, eighteen, twuh-ee!"

"Whyyyy?"

"Got it?"


No comments:

Post a Comment