Tuesday, December 1, 2015

hello D E C E M B E R

December is full of meaning for me. Advent season begins, my anniversary is on the 3rd, my birthday the 24th, Christmas, and saying goodbye to the old year. It's hard to fully appreciate each day in December; I get a little December burn-out. This year I hope I slow down and participate in celebration and not live through my December too quickly.

To finish off November, we got several inches of snow here yesterday. It was unbelievably serene. At one point I was gazing out a window at work and saw a statuesque buck sitting under a pine bough in the lightly falling snow. He was so still I didn't see him at first, his antlers coated in white. He was too far away for a good photo with my IPhone and I was wishing the black-Friday DSLR I ordered had already arrived. But maybe that would have ruined the moment. Que sera sera. 

Some evidence of snow appreciation for you:


No comments:

Post a Comment