Saturday, August 8, 2015

weekend || pics from my week

Weekends are a wild card. I have only the illusion of control. I make plans, I write lists (the kind of which I get OH, so much satisfaction checking off) and I try to relax a bit too. 
(If you're wondering about Stooge, that's our minivan's affectionate nickname. It makes sense if you know the story.)

Roger both interferes with and ensures my weekend goals-- I can always relax with him because he's such a mama's boy, cuddle-party all the time. But if he's not socially stimulated (extrovert much?), he follows me like a duckling and doesn't let me get too far in many of my productive goals. Like organizing the fridge and meal planning: if he sees the fridge open he gets this mad glaze over his eyes and starts panting like an overexcited puppy and grabbing every condiment jar out of the door. It's always opened and closed as quickly as possible when he's around. I am on edge because one of these times that door will open and he will get his opportunistic hands on something breakable and/or spill-able and I will get to clean it up. Ah, the joys of mothering a toddler.

So far the first half of the weekend has been full of cleaning, laundry, and helping wrap up a multi-family garage sale at my nanny family's house. I just made a necessary afternoon pot of coffee and will hopefully make progress with my task list. I'm blogging, so that's something to check off. ✔

But anyway.... Yeah, weekends make me wonder if my domestic life would crumble to hoarder-levels of chaos if I didn't work fulltime. My workweek has structure that forces me to get stuff done. My weekends? Well... I spent a very generous portion of my afternoon napping/lying around with Roger in my bed and doing nothing productive at all. Except that relaxing thing. I guess I've got that covered.

The rest of the weekend? Tonight Dave has a jazz gig and then plans to F I N A L L Y finish painting the house. Church tomorrow. Thai cabbage dumplings for dinner. Probably more netflix than I'd like to admit. 

Images from select moments in my week. My long, happy, muggy, domestic, boring, exhausting, awesome week of epic breakfast sandwiches, late-night ice cream runs, my hands and lap full of the best kids in the world, heavily-filtered nap selfies, flowers in bloom, sunrises, and the cutest boy I know.


No comments:

Post a Comment